TEFL Vocabulary, Grammar and Communicative Skills.
If you are a beginner (A2 CEFR level) these British Council Podcasts are excellent for getting you started. As the week progresses I will post up other related work which will be appropriate for different levels of student ability. If you are an Intermediate level of student you may want to use this resource to revise and then extend your knowledge. Advanced students may just want to dip into the additional and other resources added during the week.
Find the audio link (MP3) right click and save it so you can listen to it whenever is convenient for you. The podcast comes with a support pack and transcript which is 22 pages long. Use this link:
Download and do the exercises.
Main Contents of Podcast This Week
- Talking about families.
- What famous person would you like to meet and why? Muhammed Yanus a famous Bangladesh man who won the Nobel Peace Prize for setting up a bank lending small amounts of money to poor people.
- Vocabulary quiz - words beginning with (single consonant sounds)
- Cairo (capital city of Eygpt) and travelling around by taxi.
- Expressing an opinion - what is your favourite way of travelling?
- Dialogue of Carolina from Venezuela when she is ill with a cold and goes to the pharmacy for medication.
- Telling/retelling a joke
Here is a summary of the main language points of the podcast. Try to get more practise with these language points during the week if you can:
- Use of the verbs 'sound' and 'look' when having a conversation with a friend who is ill.
- 'False friends' - words which sound similar to English ones in your own language but have a very different meaning.
- Adding the phrase 'if you don't mind me asking' to make a request for information sound more polite
- Use of the phrase 'bless you'
I will follow up with work that is related through the week. This work will be graded for different levels of student ability.