TEFL Vocabulary, Grammar and Communicative Skills.
If you are a beginner (A2 CEFR level) these British Council Podcasts are excellent for getting you started. As the week progresses I will post up other related work which will be appropriate for different levels of student ability. If you are an Intermediate level of student you may want to use this resource to revise and then extend your knowledge. Advanced students may just want to dip into the additional and other resources added during the week.
Find the audio link (MP3) right click and save it so you can listen to it whenever is convenient for you. The podcast comes with a support pack and transcript which is 22 pages long. Use this link:
Download and do the exercises.
Main Contents of Podcast This Week
- Telling a story - 'being late'.
- What famous person would you like to meet and why? Frida Kahlo, a famous Mexican painter
- Vocabulary quiz - words beginning with (single consonant sounds)
- Kazakhstan - a comparison of 'old' and 'new'. Astana (capital city) versus traditional mountain scenery. 'Berkutchy' - a traditional eagle keeper or modern occupations.
- Expressing an opinion - how 'green' are you?
- Dialogue of Carolina from Venezuela when she is at university deciding what societies and clubs to join.
- Telling/retelling a joke
Here is a summary of the main language points of the podcast. Try to get more practise with these language points during the week if you can:
- Use of the word 'like' as a verb, preposition and informal conversation filler.
- Informal language and phrases.
- Giving information to others. For example: phone numbers, addresses.
- Use of the phrase 'as well'
I will follow up with work that is related through the week. This work will be graded for different levels of student ability.