Introducing TEFL Vocabulary, Grammar and Communicative Skills for Beginners.
If you are a beginner (A2 CEFR level) these British Council Podcasts are excellent for getting you started.
Just, go to
Find the audio link (MP3) right click and save it so you can listen to it whenever is convenient for you. The podcast comes with a support pack which is 22 pages long. Use this link:
http://learnenglish.britishcouncil.org/sites/podcasts/files/learnenglish-podcasts-elementary-01-01-support-pack-transcript.pdf to download it. There are transcripts and exercises to do.
Main Contents of Podcast
- phrases to introduce friends
- what famous person dead or alive would you like to meet and why?
- vocabulary quiz - kitchen and bedroom words
- Central Park, New York
- is it a good idea for celebrities to do work for charities- the arguments for and against
- dialogue of Carolina from Venezuela at immigration control
- telling/retelling a joke
There is a summary of the main language points. Try to get more practise with these language points during the week if you can:
- use of 'going to' and 'intend' tense to talk about future plans (informal v formal)
- use of the salutations 'goodnight' and 'good evening'
- use of the term 'dear' to name somebody (usually from an older person to a younger person)
- use of the phrase 'it depends'. Often followed by a preposition. For example - it depends if, it depends on etc
I will post follow up work.